Sunday, January 30, 2011

On Top of the World....

Saturday morning my alarm went off at 6:35 a.m. Half-asleep I reached over to grab my phone and turn the alarm off. As I lay there, trying to find the motivation to pull myself out of bed, I thought of the activities that were about to take place. It had been a long, hard week and Saturday could not have arrived any sooner. I had been anxious for Saturday since the beginning of the week. I knew that it was going to be a great day. A day to refresh, have fun, and not think about school. A day to do what I loved.

At 9:00 a.m. I stepped out of the car, put my boots on, grabbed my board, and with a smile across my face I walked over to lift ready to ride down the runs. For the first time in over a year, I was going snowboarding. With each run the joy I felt increased. All at once everything had escaped my mind and once again I had become one with the mountain. All that mattered in those few hours was me, my board, and the snow. As I sat at the top of the mountain strapping in I felt as if I was on top of the world. As I looked out all I could see for miles into the distance were beautiful mountain ranges. I felt at peace. I felt at home. I was happy. Yesterday was a great day. It was a day of friends, a day of fun, a day of snowboarding, a day to do what I love.

(These photos were taken with a Nikon CoolPix camera):








1 comment:

  1. Beautiful photos! Love the view. We're so glad you got to go and that you had fun.

    ReplyDelete