Sunday, January 16, 2011

Summer Lovin.....

Yesterday afternoon I made a trip up to Aspen Grove for a summer staff reunion. It was so good to be back in the mountains that had been my home for four months. It was especially good to see all of the wonderful students and staff that I had the opportunity of working with over the summer.

As we all sat down to eat lunch it was as if nothing had ever changed. It seemed as if the summer had never come to end. We simply picked up where we left off. We sat at the same table, with the same people, and laughed till our sides hurt and our eyes began to water. It was a good feeling. It was the feeling of summer. As I sat at the table with some of my closest friends, memories of the past summer began to flood into my mind. They were memories of friends, love, and laughter. And later, after we had all finished our lunch, I grabbed my camera and took a walk around the camp. With each footstep, a memory would come to mind. It was as if the footprints I was leaving in the snow were the memories of last summer. The footprints of last summer left in my head. A path that would lead to happiness, joy, friendship, love, and laughter.

As I walked around the camp my heart was filled with gratitude. Gratitude for the experiences and the friendships that Aspen Grove had given me. Gratitude for the memories I cherish in my heart. Last summer was special. It is a summer that I will never forget. A summer that holds a special place in my heart.



Snowshoe; home sweet home:

The basketball courts I played on practically everyday:

The swimming pool. The after-work relaxation spot for all us girls:

No comments:

Post a Comment