Sunday, February 6, 2011

Dance Like No One Is Watching...

As we waited outside in the cold winter weather I almost could not believe where I was standing, where I was in that moment in time, what I was about to participate in. It was unreal and almost too good to be true. I had been waiting for this day for years and the idea that it finally arrived, the idea that I was about to do something that I had dreamed about doing for years was absolutely mind boggling. I stood in that line waiting for the world to say, "Just kidding Jessica. This really isn't happening." However, despite my doubts and my fears, it did happen and my hopes and desire were fulfilled.

This past Thursday I was a rebel and ditched my classes in order to go to Salt Lake for the day. For on this particular day my favorite show, "So You Think You Can Dance", was holding auditions in the city and I had a ticket to be in audience. It was an early birthday present from a good friend of mine and I was overjoyed to have the experience. I began watching the show when it was in its second season and had always dreamed of being in the audience for the tapings. Now as Season 8 auditions were taking place that dream had finally come true. As I walked into the theater I could not have been happier. For the next five hours I was surrounded by various young men and young women who were chasing after their dreams, I was surrounded by beautiful dancers. It was such an amazing experience and one that I will never forget. I had so much fun and am so grateful for the opportunity I had to be there.

(Sorry for the poor picture quality. This photos were taken with a Nikon CoolPix.)






1 comment:

  1. So exciting, so fun! I wish I could've been there with you.

    ReplyDelete