Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year, New Goals, New Me.....

Another year has come to an end, and a new one has just begun. With the passing of each year, we take a moment to look back on the previous year. We remember the good, the bad, the successes, the failures, the trials, and those experiences that brought us true joy and happiness. For me, as the year comes to a close, I like to look back on my year in order to learn from my mistakes. To give myself the opportunity to learn and grow in the year to come. To become different, to become better and improve.

As I looked back on 2010 and the goals I had set for myself, I was quite satisfied. I had achieved some of my goals and others I neglected. In the winter 2010 semester I improved academically and I spent my summer at Aspen Grove. Meeting new people, making new friends, learning, growing, stepping outside of my comfort zone, making mistakes, and learning from those mistakes. This past summer, I had one of the best summer's ever. However, as some people like to say, all good things must come to an end. Though I did have many wonderful, fun experiences this past year, I also came upon various rough times.

Now, as I have rung in the new year, I am grateful for this opportunity I have to start new, to start fresh. I have been given a clean slate, a chance to start over and improve. With a new perspective I am going to work hard to be different. This year I am going to live my life to its fullest, I am going to embrace life. This year I am going to love life and all that it has to offer. Time waits for no one and this year I am going to work hard to make my dreams become a reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment