Monday, August 2, 2010

National Dance Day...

The first blog post I ever wrote was about a beautiful young dancer full of life and love for dance. Her commitment and dedication are inspirational and her love and passion for dance are beyond description. She represents the millions of dancers who hold that same love and passion for dance. To watch a dancer is an experience that cannot be described in words. It is beautiful, touching, and inspirational. It expresses those feelings that go beyond verbal communication and it brings life to not only the dancer, but to those in the audience as well.

Though I am not very good at it, I love to dance. However, seeing as I am not very good at dancing, I more often than not choose to watch others dance and/or choose to photograph the intricate movements of a dancer. Last Saturday, here at Aspen Grove, we celebrated "National Dance Day" by performing a hip-hop routine at the opening show. So, of course I was there in the front row with my camera ready to capture the performance. As I watched two of my good friends, who are dancers, perform in this dance routine, it only increased my love for dance and my desire to learn how to dance. In the photographs below it is evident the joy each one of these girls receives from dance.

"Dancing is the loftiest, the most moving, the most beautiful of the arts, because it is not mere translation or abstraction from life; it is life itself."
~Havelock Ellis
Week #13:

National Dance Day:

Jess:

And Jess:



Aspen Grove Staff:

1 comment: