Sunday, February 20, 2011

Networking....

It all started with a simple text message. One that read, with an English accent, "I have a brilliant, beyond brilliant idea." O.K. so maybe the message did not say exactly that, I may have quoted that from the "Parent Trap", however, I did have a brilliant idea. An idea that would begin to market my business and my brand. An idea that will hopefully open doors to many future clients.

It was a Friday, I did not have to go to work and I had no homework to do. I did have lots of free time to focus on my photography and building my business and my brand. As I sat in my apartment in front of my laptop I wondered what I was supposed to do next. What am I supposed to do in order to book clients and photo shoots? That's when it hit me. I was going about it all wrong. I needed to be pro-active and market myself, and so I did. With this brilliant epiphany I sent a text message to a friend of mine who is graduating asking if his mother would be interested in any graduation photos. He of course said yes and before i realized it I had just booked my first paying client. A few days later, through various emails to his mother, she had recommended that I get in contact with three other individuals she knew of that would be graduating as well and would also be in need of graduation photos and by the end of the week, after contacting one of these references, I had booked my second paying client.

Tomorrow I have two photo shoots in Park City and I couldn't be more excited. I have started to network, and for a couple hours tomorrow I will get to live my dream. Stay tuned for a posting of the photo shoots next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment