Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A Brand New Adventure...

Trying new things isn't exactly one of my stronger points. I have the type of personality in which I absolutely fear meeting new people, participating in new activities, or experiencing drastic changes. However, there are those who love new experiences and/or meeting new people. They crave the challenge and find excitement in the unknown. Unfortunately I was not blessed with this characteristic and two days ago I prayed with all my heart to be blessed with this characteristic simply for a couple of hours. Why, you ask?Well, two days ago I started the Aspen Grove "chapter of my life" and I was absolutely terrified of the unknown. As I sat on a beautiful wooden bench with my dad, he brought comfort to my nervous soul with his words of wisdom. Before I realized, it was time for him to leave and for me to BE BRAVE and LOVE LIFE. With my heart pounding as loud as a drum, I gathered up my courage and put myself out there. I meet all my wonderful coworkers, which included becoming best friends with a fellow coworker named Jessica, and couldn't have had a better first day on the job.

For so long I have prayed and consistently tried to gather up the courage to BE BRAVE and to step out of my comfort zone in order to become more outgoing and less shy. Coming to Aspen Grove gave me that perfect opportunity to accomplish this goal. Moving to Aspen Grove where I didn't know anyone or anything allowed me to have a fresh start. Coming up to Aspen Grove where no one knew me, allowed me to be whoever I wanted to be. It gave me the chance to be the me who is not shy but is fun, outgoing, and full of love and laughter. Here is to a wonderful summer at Aspen Grove!

Week #1:





This is probably my favorite part of the camp:


1 comment:

  1. I am amazed at the goals that you have for yourself and the courage you have! I know you will be blessed for it. Beautiful photos...

    ReplyDelete