Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Summer Jobs...

In less than 4 weeks winter semester will be over and the warmth and joy of summer will begin. I cannot contain my excitement knowing that, in less than a month, I will get to enjoy the luxuries of summer for 4 months. Summer is the perfect time to relax, try new things, make new friends, and have new experiences. For the past three summers I have continued working at the same place back home in Arizona. However, this summer I want to do something new because I always find myself going back to those places, people, or things that I know or are comfortable with. In other words, I lack the courage to try something new. Well, not anymore, not this summer. This summer I am pushing myself, this summer I am stepping out of my comfort zone to try something new. This summer I applied for employment at Aspen Grove family Camp just outside of Provo, UT. Not only is it something that I have never done before, but it is the perfect summer job. Working at Aspen Grove, I would get have the opportunity to experience the outdoors everyday. If hired, I would have the opportunity to meet new people, make new friends, have new experiences, and it would allow me to detox from the stresses of school. It would also give me the chance to grow and develop.

Today I had my second interview with Aspen Grove and I don't think it could have gone any better. I was so happy with how well it went especially since I am the type of person who would get nervous in a situation like this (I am shy individual). Fortunately, I was cool and calm and, if I do say so myself, handled myself very well. Now that the interview is over I get to play the waiting game.....


And of course, here is a quote for the week:

Trying times...are never a time to quit trying.

1 comment:

  1. I'm jealous that you get to spend your whole summer in such a beautiful place! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete