Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Badminton....

One of my favorite sports to watch and play is basketball. It is faced paced, intense, entertaining, competitive, and exhilarating. When I play basketball I enter into another world.Everything changes. All I can see is the basketball, the court, and the hoop. My world suddenly becomes so full of life as I give all of my efforts and energy to play to the best of my ability. Having such a deep love for basketball, other sports just don't compare, especially badminton.

I have never understood the game of badminton and probably never will. In high school we had a badminton team, and to be honest, I thought that it was the weirdest thing. I honestly didn't understand how badminton could be considered a competitive sport. I mean really, all you do is stand there and hit a feathered projectile over a net to the opposing players side of the court. Having played basketball competitively for more than 7 years you can see why I am so confused and why I don't understand how badminton can be considered a competitive sport.

Well, taking place right now, here at Aspen Grove, is a badminton tournament and no I did not sign up to play. However, two of my dear friends, Jamisyn and Albert, did and there first match was against each other. Obviously I had to be there to photographically document the occasion and let me tell you, it was not a game that I wanted to miss. Both Jamisyn and Albert dressed up for their game and the event was one to remember. I have to admit that I was completely entertained and will never forget that night for it was full of laughter and good memories. I guess badminton isn't so bad after all.

Week #11:










1 comment: