Sunday, April 11, 2010

The BYU Philharmonic Orchestra...

Two concert tickets, $15, a single pink rose, $4, two hours of Beethoven's most profound musical works and one very proud sister, priceless! The gift of music is a talent I long to have, however, it is talent my sister Courtney has been blessed with. She has been playing her viola for over 10 years and continues to share her talent with others by playing in Brigham Young University's Philharmonic orchestra. As a Music Performance major at BYU, Courtney's deep love and passion for music are witnessed in the joy she receives when she plays in an orchestra. As I attended one of her orchestra concerts last night, I realized for the first time how much joy she receives when she performs for others. The stage is certainly where she longs to be. Courtney, you have been blessed with an amazing gift and the power to bless and inspire others through your music. I am so proud of you and all that you have accomplished. I hope that you will continue to follow your dreams and to find joy in your music. Through your gift and talent you have blessed many lives and will continue to bless and inspire many more. Thank You for being a great sister and for sharing last night with me.





1 comment:

  1. Beautiful thoughts Jess! You are a wonderful sister and daughter! Love you!

    ReplyDelete